Unique abilities are passive abilities that work as long as a Hero is being used on a team. While every Hero has a passive ability, not all of them will be effective if the Hero either not being attacked or not being used in play. Some Heroes have passive skills that work when they are placed in the Sub slot (the fourth and furthest right-side slot when choosing a team). These Heroes are great to use for the Sub because you really only need to focus on getting their Unique abilities unlocked and you don’t need to worry as much about gear as long as your primary team can sufficiently defeat your enemy.
In order to unlock a Hero’s passive ability, you need to get their CC at least above 16k and complete the single battle to unlock their Unique ability. You will know when you’re high enough to complete this challenge when the lock symbol over the Unique ability starts glowing.
These battles will usually have some tie-in to the Anime and will require the Hero to battle three enemies. The Hero has to fight completely alone, but if you win the battle then you will have unlocked the Unique ability.
These passive abilities can affect:
- All enemies
- All allies
- Only certain affinity or race allies
- 1 Passives Affecting All Enemies
- 2 Passives Affecting All Allies
- 3 Passives Affecting Specific Affinities or Races
Passives Affecting All Enemies
- Green Gowther decreases all enemies' Defense-related stats by 15% in PvP. Thus, he is a good alternative to Green Gilthunder for PvP.
- Red King reduces all enemies' Pierce Rate by half and also reduces the value of any additional increase or decrease by half in PvP.
- Green Lillia decreases all enemies' Attack in PVP by 16%.
- Blue Arden decreases all enemies' Ultimate Move Gauge by 2 orbs when the Hero participates in battle. This skill applies as soon as Blue Arden enters into battle, which makes Blue Arden really not that useful unless someone from your main team dies off and needs to be replaced.
- Green Deathpierce decreases enemies' Crit Resistance and Crit Defense by 30%.
Passives Affecting All Allies
- Green Cain increases all allies' Attack-related stats by 10% in Death Match. Cain does not need to fight in the Death Match for this boost to apply so he is a great Sub in all Death Match teams.
- Green EliHawk boosts all allies' HP-related stats by 10% in all battles except PVP and Death Match.
- Blue Golgius increases all allies' damage dealt by 15% in Death Match. He is the best alternative to Green Cain as a Sub in Death Matches.
- Blue Griamore increases all allies' Defense-related stats by 20% in Death Match.
- Red Guila increases all allies' HP-related stats by 15% in Death Matches.
- Green Ruin decreases all allies' damage taken by 20% in Death Match. Increasing defense stats has better utility than reducing damage taken, so Green Ruin is not as useful as Blue Griamore in Death Matches.
- Green Gilthunder increases all allies' Defense-related stats by 30% in PvP. Due to this, he is a top pick for Sub in PvP.
- Red Griamore increases all allies' HP-related stats by 15% in PvP.
- Red Simon increases all allies' damage dealt by 15% in PvP.
- Red Taizoo decreases all allies' damage taken in PvP by 20%.
- Red Elizabeth allows for allies to be healed for 10% of max HP at the start of the next turn when taking damage. Due to this passive ability, Red Elizabeth is a great Sub to use when trying to beat Episode 72’s Hendrickson, or any other level that is a little above your CC.
- Blue Gowther heals 15% of diminished HP every time a Debuff is removed from an ally.
- Green Hendrickson increases Pierce Rate by 5% per ally skill use. This has a maximum of ten times that this can be applied.
- Blue Jericho increases Crit Chance of all allies by 5% if allies crit when using skills. This has a maximum of ten times that this can be applied.
- Red Jude allows allies to reflect back 10% of damage taken.
- Green Merlin fills all allies' Ultimate Move Gauge by 1 orb(s) at the start of the battle. She is a great Sub and is one of the best and most versatile support Heroes.
- Green Rimuru heals 5% of all allies' diminished HP at the start of every turn. This is a similar skill to Red Elizabeth, but not as good.
- Blue Weinheidt increases all allies' Pierce Rate by 8% at the end of every turn.
Passives Affecting Specific Affinities or Races
Heroes that affect specific Affinities are really useful to use in the Training Grotto since you’ll generally want to use all (or mostly all) of one Affinity to beat a given Goddess Amber.
- Red Dogedo increases the DEF-related stats of Strength Attribute allies by 30%.
- Red Dreyfus increases Strength attribute allies' Defense by 60%.
- Red Galland allows for Strength attribute Heroes to ignore 30% of enemy Defense when using skills. This excludes any Counter Stance skills, so he is not as helpful when fighting with Meliodas.
- Red Jericho increases Strength attribute allies' Attack-related stats by 10%.
- Red Twigo increases Strength attribute allies' HP by 30%.
- Blue Gilthunder increases Speed attribute allies' Defense by 60%.
- Blue Jericho increases Speed attribute allies' Attack-related stats by 10%.
- Blue Marmas increases Speed attribute allies' HP by 30%.
- Green Allioni increases HP attribute allies’ Attack-related stats by 10%
- Green Jillian increases HP attribute allies' HP by 30%.
These Heroes are really useful to use when the Knighthood boss or event challenge requires you to use Heroes from a specific race.
- Red Arthur increases Human allies' HP-related stats by 15%.
- Red Howzer increases Human allies' basic stats by 8%.